To find out the reason of Sling TV not working, you will have to try a number of things. If you are not aware of the troubleshooting steps, then you can take help of Sling TV help and support providers.
A streaming app only looks good when it is in working condition. Nobody likes an app that is not working properly or freezing frequently.
One such app that is giving problems to users as of late is Sling TV. This app is one of the most prominent apps when it comes to watching live and on-demand content. If you too are a big fan of Sling TV, but facing the same problem, i.e., Sling TV not working, then you need to identify as to what the issue is and how it can be solved.
Sling TV Down
If you are seeing a message while accessing Sling TV, i.e., ‘Sling TV Down’, then you need to first check the Sling TV status page, as you will be able to see there if the Sling TV is really down or is it just you who are facing the issue. You can also check the Twitter page of the company as the company shares updates regarding its services on its Twitter page.
Sling TV buffering or lagging
Perhaps one of the most annoying issues in Sling TV is the constant buffering or lagging of the app. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps.
The most common reasons for this issue is a slow internet connection. Here is what Sling TV recommends its users:
- Internet speed of 3 Mbps or more if streaming videos on smartphones and tablets.
- Internet speed of 5 Mbps if streaming on a single device such as TV, PC or Mac.
- Internet speed of 25 Mbps or more for households where internet is used on multiple devices.
If you are not getting the aforementioned speeds on your devices, then here is what you’re going to do.
- Unplug the router and modem.
- Wait for a minute and then, plug both devices back in and wait until they connect.
- Restart the device on which you are trying to watch the videos and then, connect that device to the Wi-Fi.
- Check the internet speed in order to see if the speed has increased or not.
- If the speed has improved, then you will be able to watch videos without any buffering of lag.
Sling TV Login Issues
If you are not able to log into your Sling TV account, then this could be due to Sling TV being down or you might be entering the wrong password.
In order to fix this issue, you need to close the app and reopen it. After that, you need to try to log into your Sling TV account. If you are still facing login issues, then you will have to check if can log in on another device or not.
You should also check if Sling TV is down. In case, it is not, then you will have to reset your Sling TV password in order to make this work.
Unable to watch Sling TV on more than one device
If you have chosen the Sling TV Orange package, then you will be able to watch the stream only on one device at once. The only way you can watch the stream on multiple devices is when you upgrade the plan.
If you choose Sling Blue package, then you can watch streaming on three devices at a time. If you choose Sling Orange + Sling Blue package, then you can watch streaming on four devices at a time.