When a popular streaming service like Sling TV goes blank, then that is definitely not a good thing to see. But, can you control it, of course, not, but the only thing you can do is, call at Sling TV help number to get a solution to the problem.
However, let us first discuss as to why the screen goes blank and what needs to be done to prevent it.
The streaming device that we have taken for the process is Fire TV Stick, considering the large popularity of the streaming device in the US.
The reason for the occurrence of blank screen could be related to the internet problem. When people are using the service on an internet plan that offers less than 3 Mbps speed (for mobile devices) and 5 Mbps speed (for TV or PC), then that aforementioned issue could arise.
When Sling TV is being used in the households on multiple devices, then the minimum speed that is required for streaming Sling TV content is 25 Mbps. The problem on the internet could lead Sling TV to stop streaming of your favorite content.
If you want to know what steps to consider in order to fix the problem of ‘screen going black while watching Sling TV content’, then here are those:
- You can use a wired internet connection (if available). If only wireless internet connection is available, then you need to try connecting your Fire TV Stick to another wireless network.
- Check if the Sling TV app is fully
- Go back to the homepage of your Fire TV Stick.
- Once you’re there, find the option named ‘Apps’ and, then select ‘Your Apps Library’.
- Now, you need to highlight ‘Sling TV app’ and once you do so, you need to click ‘More Info’.
- In order to install the most recent version of the app, click ‘Update’. In case, you find an available update, then you’re going to see it in the info page of the app.
- Test your network connection because if your Wi-Fi connection isn’t strong, then you will experience issues repeatedly. If you have connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable, make sure that the Ethernet cable is plugged in the proper manner. If internet connection is working properly, yet you’re facing the issue, then maybe the app isn’t receiving the necessary connection speed to watch content.
- You should keep in mind that no
bandwidth limit has been set by you. To check that
here is what you can do:
- Begin the process by launching ‘Menu’ followed by opening ‘Settings’.
- After that, open ‘Connections’ where you will be able to identify the speed at which the content is streaming.
- You need to check if the streaming speed is equal to or higher than the speeds mentioned above.
- If that is the case, then check if the bandwidth usage is set to the best quality that has no limit at all.
- Launch Sling TV app again.
- Go back to the home screen of the device followed by selecting ‘Settings’.
- Select the option named ‘Applications’ and then, select ‘Manage Installed Applications’.
- Then, you need to select ‘Sling TV’.
- You need to click ‘Fully Close’ or ‘Force Stop’ the application.
- As the Sling TV app has fully closed, you need to launch the app again.
- Restart the device
- For that, you will have to unplug Fire TV Stick for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the device into the power outlet and wait until it starts up.
- At last, launch Sling TV.