Sling TV is one of the most widely used streaming apps in the US. In the era where apps like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon have already consolidated their positions as the top streaming apps, many believe that chances of any other app pushing these apps down.
However, in the field of digital entertainment, nothing can be taken for granted. Apps that are on the top today can come down in a matter of a night. Many streaming apps have revamped their platform to compete with top apps, and the app that seem to be nearer to the top three apps is Sling TV.
Sling TV is owned by Sling Media Group and this app has it all to make it to the streaming devices used by Americans. If you are using Sling TV on your Amazon Fire TV, then you are using two of the most incredible products. In order to watch Sling TV content, you must have an internet speed of about 3 mbps for mobile devices, 5 mbps if you are looking to stream the content to your TV or computer and at least 25 mbps if you wish to stream the content on multiple devices. But, if you are somehow not able to stream Sling TV content on Amazon Fire TV, then there could be multiple causes leading to it.
If you are dealing with ‘frozen screen’ while accessing Sling TV, then here is what you are going to do:
- Use a wired connection: If possible, then you should use a wired connection. If you only have a wireless connection available, then you will have to connect to a different Wi-Fi network because the current one might be problematic.
- Check if your Sling TV app is up to date or not. For that, you need to follow below-mentioned steps:
- Return to homepage of your Amazon Fire TV.
- Now, scroll down to ‘Apps’ followed by selecting your ‘Apps’ library.
- It’s time to highlight Sling TV app followed by clicking ‘More Info’.
- Click ‘Update’ to install the latest version of Sling TV app. If you find that there is an update available, then you should install that update.
- Test your internet connection: You need to check whether the Wi-Fi connection you are using is strong or not. If using a wired connection, then check your Ethernet cable as it needs to be plugged in properly. If the internet connection is good, then maybe your Sling TV app is not receiving the appropriate connection speed.
- Check streaming speed: You need to check as to what’s the streaming speed is and also make sure that there isn’t any bandwidth limit set.
- Launch ‘Menu’ and then, open ‘Settings’.
- Open ‘Connections’ in order to see the speed you are currently streaming at.
- If the streaming speed is not equal to the prescribed value, then you will have to check whether you have not set any bandwidth limit.
- Relaunch the app
- Go back to Amazon Fire TV home screen followed by scrolling down to ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Applications’ followed by selecting ‘Manage Installed Applications’.
- Now, select ‘Sling TV’.
- Fully close the app by pressing ‘Force Stop’.
- Once the app is fully closed, relaunch the app.
- Restart Amazon Fire TV
- Remove the power cable from Amazon Fire TV for a few seconds (10-15 seconds at least).
- Then, plug the Fire TV back in the power source and wait until the device starts up.
- Launch Sling TV.
If the issue doesn’t get resolved, then you have no other option but to take help of Sling TV help and support facility.